Friday, July 15, 2011

Beginnings

Ok so this is my first post. Not sure why I'm doing this now. However I just felt a need to be able to express myself. God knows my son Drew and my brother and sister listen to my ranting and raving enough as it is. But they live here and there and what with our fast pace lives we lead are not always available at a given moment when inspiration hits. Plus there's the extended family and friends and the odd soul passing like ships in the night that might stop by for some amusement. I've been told I tell a good story so there could be something for everyone.
But I suspect the real reason might be something else.  I still miss my sweetheart Laurie. Laurie and I knew each other for about 11 years. She was my neighbor , friend , bandmate and sweetheart.  She passed away Jan. 16, 2010 from cancer. I guess I miss having that someone special to share stuff with on a daily basis. And she was special. This blog isn't intended to be maudlin but just to let those who might not know what the references are.
Stay tuned. That low E string is the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment