Friday, July 15, 2011

Peonies

I've been photographing flowers probably for close to 40 years now. Why I like photographing flowers so much I don't know. They are pretty. They smell nice. Hold a pose reasonably well except when it's windy. Actually the same can be said for fashion models too. I've photographed them also for many years. But flowers -I don't know-it's what I started with learning my skills as a photographer so long ago. My mother grew lots of flowers every year. She was good
at it too. Lots of opportunity to learn. God's creation, beauty,
splendor, soft, fragile, delicate, fecund-wait -is that the fashion models again?
These are peonies. I never liked peonies that much. Maybe it's the name. I don't know -my mother grew them she liked them. Not as much as her prized roses though. But they were big and showy plants and were colorful. I just never knew they came in so many different varieties. Laurie liked peonies and she grew several varieties I had never seen before. Like these. These I like. They are very pretty and
                 smell good too. I've got lots more and from time to time I will upload
                 them for all to enjoy.
                
                 Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment